Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili

Options
I took the eggfest chili from the BGE cookbook and swapped ground chuck for a 3lb flat on the suggestion of a friend who did it(he won a chili cook off with it).  I made it tonight and will enjoy it tomorrow.  It will be in the crockpot tommorow for a few hours as we are out and about.  Looking forward to it.  

Here are the ingredients. 

Here is the star of the show after a little rest. I shredded it with the bear claws I got for my birthday.

Here is what the kitchen looked like after the cook...

And the final product. Like I said, I can't wait to try it tomorrow. 
LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    While that looks mighty tasty, no self-respectin' Texan is going to let you call that chili.  It has been contaminated with beans.  But it does look like a right tasty brisket and bean stew and if I lived near you I'd probably want to know your address so I could have some.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Man, that looks good..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Looks like you may want to ask Santa for a CI DO. Prepping and simmering on the BGE with a DO adds an extra layer great flavor.

Great looking stew. I would have a bowl.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SmokinOutBack
    Options
    + 1 on the Dutch oven..
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    no beans in chili? I gotta rethink this!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    How'd you cook the flat? Looks great. Ignore @Foghorn... He can't cook, jealous.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I don't claim to be able to cook.  I just know that since I moved to Texas 16 years ago I've been educated by my fellow Texans about the proper ways of outdoor cooking and chili cooking.  In another 20 or 30 years I may have learned half of what I need to know...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    lols jk broski..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Understood.  I just realized that my comments could have been taken as unfriendly so I thought I would blame other Texans for them. 

San Antonio, TX