Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold smoke time

Havarti,pepper jack,two type of cheddar, Swiss and some cooper. A-maze-smoker. Hickory cut with a little cherry. 2.5 hours then see you at Christmas
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• I did some cheese a few days ago also. Xmas morning Im opening up the chedder. It will have been 4 weeks sealed and in the frig
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • great cuts and variety on the cheese.  Made 10 pounds of cheddar and pepper jack 2 weeks ago - it will be ready to give away as Christmas presents by the 25th.  

• I did two pounds of pepper jack,chedder and Monterey jack. Neighbor has family in Wisc. And gets 40 pound blood,s of it straight from the cheese factory
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • I ordered my a-maze and should get it soon...cant wait...Do you guys vac pack the cheese while it's chilling out in the fridge for a few weeks, or would that defeat the purpose?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Yes vacuum seal it. Keep it in the frig for a min of 4 weeks. The longer it sits the better it tastes. That's why it is called aged
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Well I tast tested some of the cheeses today. All were excellent except the havarti but i never had havarti before so maybe I just don't like havarti. As for the best it had to be the Swiss. Awesome! Next time will will just be a full rack of swiss
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos