Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: sobering video from Washington Il tornado

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
Not sure this link will work but I'll try. This 3+ minute video was shot by egger Marc Wells before during and after the tornado destroyed their home. They were safe, but "lost it all"...
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Oh man. i don't even know what to say after seeing that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Damn, I saw this posted on other websites last Friday. I presume the house was condemned?
  • RRP
    Damn, I saw this posted on other websites last Friday. I presume the house was condemned?
    yes
  • I think you can see his egg on it's side in a pile of rubble at 2:25? kind of fuzzy so not sure but it looks like one. I saw this on the news the other night. scary stuff. Glad they are ok.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said: I think you can see his egg on it's side in a pile of rubble at 2:25? kind of fuzzy so not sure but it looks like one. I saw this on the news the other night. scary stuff. Glad they are ok. Yep. You can see both LBGE's. One is in the rubble by the door and the other is at the bottom of the stairs off of what I presume was the deck. Even better(well, not better) view around the 3:00 mark.
  • RRP
    edited November 2013
    I think you can see his egg on it's side in a pile of rubble at 2:25? kind of fuzzy so not sure but it looks like one. I saw this on the news the other night. scary stuff. Glad they are ok.
    Yep. You can see both LBGE's. One is in the rubble by the door and the other is at the bottom of the stairs off of what I presume was the deck. Even better(well, not better) view around the 3:00 mark.

BTW - Marc is a realtor there in Washington and a great guy. The last time I talked with him he had been directly responsible for sales of at least 8 BGEs with his persuasive nature, so when the insurance settlement comes through I'm sure replacement eggs are in his future!
  • yeah- I saw them later too. Frightening stuff! Hug your eggs tonight boys and girls.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    edited November 2013
    Wow that was scary sh*t right there.So happy nobody was hurt.I'll take a nor-easter any day over that kinda weather:(
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Man... That is scary stuff. Glad nobody was hurt!

On a side note... I wouldn't worry to much about the eggs. My house was destroyed by a fire two years ago. It was a total loss. The table literally burnt around my large egg. Scrubbed it clean, replaced the hardware and gasket and she still cooks like new. In fact, my egg was the only thing from the main level of the house that was salvaged.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• RRP
    Just as a follow up to those who might be curious there were 1,400 homes either destroyed or damaged in that community alone, but surprisingly only one man lost his life - he was out looking for their cat while the sirens waled.
  • The power of nature is awesome.  I am glad he is alright.  Things can be rebuilt/replaced lives can not.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • That video is very scary. My cousin lost his home in that same tornado, and he probably lives in the same neighborhood. His entire house was leveled. We were just thankful to hear that he and our other family members in Washington were safe. Events like these are good reminders of what is truly important in life.