Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Butt Yet!

Options
This was my 3rd or 4th Boston Butt on the BGE & I think I finally nailed it.  7Lb butt bone-in.  Night before, scored fat & doused with Virginia's own Dizzy Pig coffee-infused rub.  No mustard... I think that is extraneous but open to arguments.  Next morn, butt went on my Medium BGE filled with Rockwood & Apple & Cherry chips, plate setter, empty drip pan, grid temp of ~240.  Maverick wireless to monitor meat & grid temp.  ~4 hours later, internal temp (IT) on meat is ~170 so opened bottom and top vents to bring grid temp to ~350.  Another ~1.5 hours there, pulled off at 203 IT.  Foil, Towel, Cooler (FTC) for ~3 hours.  For dinner, hand pulled, augmented with Virginia's own http://www.porkbarrelbbq.com/
I was and still am a NEWBIE, so tried to limit the jargon (IT, FTC, etc).  Special PROPs to @MattMan3969 who has coached me all the way!
My daughter named my Egg Shrek, because it is big, green, and burps.  
LBGE in Arlington, VA
God Bless America!

Comments