Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

medium table build

Options
New to the egg forum and excited about my christmas present, a Medium egg.  As I am getting ready to build a egg IMMEDIATELY after christmas lol, I'm trying to get my plans in order.  I am basically going to do the footprint that BGE has on their websites so a stock table cover will work, but my question is regarding the cutout.  For a medium, they say to cut a circle with a 18 in diameter.  But what i have seen from others tables is that this is significantly raised off the table top to accommodate the hinge on the back.  I saw a table a while back that seemed to have a notch in the back which allowed the Egg to be almost flush with the tabletop (only bottom band sticking above).  Has anyone gone this route? If so, do you know what size rectangular notch you need to cut on the back of the circle so the egg will open properly?  

I could probably figure this out once i actually have the egg, but as i have nothing to do but dream at this point, i figured i would get as much planning done as i can.  Thanks in advance.

Comments