Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie cooks ABT

Options
They are in the BGE. Fairly easy to put together with all of the fine help on this website/forum.  Thanks!
LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    They are ridiculously good. Too bad they have some many calories. I don't bother with the toothpicks or skewers, though. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Indirect heat and they are not browning. I cranked it up to almost 400 F now. Can I add some BBQ sauce to get some color?
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Boileregger
    Options
    chashans said:

Indirect heat and they are not browning. I cranked it up to almost 400 F now. Can I add some BBQ sauce to get some color?

I wouldn't, just be patient. When I make mine, I smoke them at 250 for about 2 hours.

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    I wouldn't, just be patient. When I make mine, I smoke them at 250 for about 2 hours.
    Thanks. I ran out there and turned them down. I thought that someone said there was a one hour cooking time. Thanks for your tip.

• Boileregger
    Options
    There's multiple ways to get a good result - this just works best for me. The bacon gets nice and smoky. It does take some time to get that "done" color though.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Boileregger has it-doesn't matter the time or cook temp-the key is when the bacon is done and that's a visual call.  Raised direct at around 350*F and you can eggspect around 45 Mins. Indirect at 350*F about 60 mins-but just a guide.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.