Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally, awesome brisket!

Options
hugewineo
hugewineo Posts: 49
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum

After no less than 5 mediocre briskets I finally did it right.  This baby was moist, tender, great smoke ring, great smoke flavor.  A nice change from ho hum kinda dry just ok that I have been doing over and over.  Differences:

Prime 11 lb packer, vs Choice 8 lb flats and packers of the past.

Homemade rub went on last night for overnight sleep in the fridge

Injected with broth based injection about 30 min before putting it on this morning.

Put the brisket on still cool from the fridge, which I think is why I had a nice defined smoke ring.

Cook was done at 225.  Temp fluctuated throughout the day from anything from 195-260 but majority was 225

Wrapped once it stalled (internal temp was at 153) unwapped at 195.  Internal temp went back down to about 180 before creeping back up.  Tented from there on out

Cooked until the thermometer pierced ALL parts of the brisket easily and without resistance.  This ended up being between 205-210 internal temp

Mopped a couple times after back on without wrap.

Comments