Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Butt Chicken/White BBQ Sauce

Grillin' Bill
Grillin' Bill Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I did Beer Butt Chicken. Rubbed chicken with Tom Byron's rub (page 77 from Paul Kirks Championship BBQ Sauces), smoked with oak. White sauce was from June issue of Food and Wine (Steve Raichlen's version of Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce. Excellent! Both married well with each other. Just thought I'd let everone know of the combination.[p]Grillin Bill

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Grillin Bill,
    Thanks for the suggestions! Sounds awesome. Would love to see that recipe for the white Q sauce. I just marked Tom Byron's Rub with a Post-It®. Thanks again.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,[p]Explain to me Nature Boy what "markin it with a post-it means. I would like those recipes - where of where to look. Help me out here fellow cooker...[p]thanks.[p]Anthony

• Nature Boy
    Anthony Up North,
    Okeeedokeee An-Tony I shall esplain. A post-it® is a small piece of note paper, with an adhesive strip at the top. I opened my Paul Kirk book to the appropriate page, and attached the post-it® to the page with the recipe on it. Helps for easy future reference.[p]Then I put a quick alert out, that I would love that White Q Sauce recipe...of which I do not have the book.[p]See wum sayin'??
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy,[p]Here's the one I use. It's great on brisket.[p]Lee[p]From the The Ultimate Barbecue Sauce Cookbook by Auchmutey and Puckett"
    (ISBN 1-56352-201-2)[p]Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White Sauce[p]1c mayonaise
    1c cider vinegar
    1T lemon juice
    1.5T cracked black pepper
    .5t salt
    .25t ground red pepper[p]Combine in a plastic container. Refrigerate.[p][p][p][p]

• QSis ,
    The recepie that QSis posted is about the same as Steve Raichlein's in the June issue of Food and Wine. When I get home I'll type it for everyone to compare. The main difference is that Steve adds horseradish. Either I am sure is great. The horseradish I think gives it a little extra kick.[p]Grillin Bill

• Nature Boy
    QSis ,
    You come bearing gifts!
    Thank you much, sounds like a winner...hope all is well.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy,[p]Yup I do! Now I could ask what is a an "adhesive strip" but I won't. You see sometimes a person is thinking complicated, when what is being said is simple. Since I am a Newbie, I haven't learned to decipher some of the lingo here, that is plain speaking, and therefore think too complicated. I'm learnin though. You have to have patience with me.[p]An-tony

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Grillin Bill,[p]That's very funny...I read the recipe QSis posted and thought, 'Hmmm, I bet that would be great with a little horseradish added.' [p]I'll try it the next time I do brisket. Thanks.[p]Cathy[p]
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Anthony Up North,
    Post-It Notes are a commercially available product usually from a couple of inches square up to 3 by 5 inches. They have a light adhesive along one edge of the back so they will stick to things. Handy for leaving yourself notes in a mag or a book.
    JimW

• Nature Boy
    Anthony Up North,
    Just funnin' a bit. Patience we got.
    I know what you mean. I just realized about a month ago that people were typing sideways smily faces, and winky eye faces at the ends of the messages. I thought those were special characters my mac couldn't read.[p]When someone typed "FWIW" in the message, I thought "what did I do wrong???"[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • JimW,[p]I've been using them for years in exactly that way. They were invented by Minnesota Mining & Mfc. (Three M). I just wasn't thinking. [p]Anthony