Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead from Norman, OK

Options
Hey everyone! After a while of following this forum, I've finally gotten around to making a profile.

Let me introduce myself: My name is Kyle, and as the title indicates, I'm from Norman, Oklahoma. I first started reading about the Egg about a year ago after I had my Father-in-law's ribs and started reading up on smokers. Ever since I found this forum, I have been hooked! My wife surprised me with a large BGE when I graduated from OU this May...and I have cooked nearly every meal on the Egg since! I have learned so much and have been inspired to cook great meals since I found this forum and got my Egg.

I really appreciate the members of this forum taking the time to share photos of their day-to-day cooks. So, on my first post, I'd like to share one of my recent cooks.

A few nights ago I baked bread bowls on the Egg for some potato soup I was making on the stove. The potato soup recipe is from the Pioneer Woman, and the bread recipe is the Crusty European-Style Hard Rolls recipe from King Arthur Flour. I've done pizza and soft pretzels on the Egg so far, but this is my first shot at anything like this. The soup and bread bowls turned out great and I can't wait to bake more bread on the Egg (need to get a sourdough starter...). 

Here is the unshaped dough:

Shaped and slashed:

On the Egg:

Cut into a bowl:

Plated with soup:

Thanks for reading and for all of the great advice to be had on these forums!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK

Comments