Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to support bottom of table?

Options
I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I am building a table for my XL BGE and am concerned about supporting the wood underneath where the Egg will actually sit. I used 1X4 Cypress for the top and bottom. I camouflaged the two side tables and it looks sweet in my opinion. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Do you have any pictures to post? Or plans?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I just bought a plain concrete paving stone at a home store. Its about 12X12 or 14x14 and about 2 inches thick. It has served me well for over 15 months and I don't expect to ever have to replace it.

Tim
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If you're concerned about the table platform just run a 4x4 brace underneath it.. Front to back.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN