Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

***PING*** vidalia1

Hi Kim. I saw that a couple of years ago you had posted about your table top getting too hot. I didn't see if you had ever found out what the problem was and what it took to fix it. I just had a table built and am experiencing the same thing with it being hottest around the hinge area. The gasket is about 2.5" higher than the table top and I have about 3/4"-1" space between egg and table top. Any help would be appreciated. Scott

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,958
    edited October 2013
    Vidalia1 is primarily on the greeneggers forum, so I pinged greeneggers.com and got this echo response from ICMP.  I believe this is the data you were looking for.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• egger66egger66 Posts: 385
    Thank you
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Is that what you call raw data?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,958
    edited October 2013
    No, it's the actual time it takes to reach a certain host and receive a response back from it.  It's peculiar why this person was interested in the echo timing.  Perhaps they are trying to link the two sites (heaven forbid !)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    4 1/2 inches from the top of the table to the top of bottom gasket...and there is a 5/8" gap between the BGE and the table...

Kim