Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Savers

Basscat94
Basscat94 Posts: 6
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Talk to me. What's the best for my money? Hope to keep it under $100.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    They are notorious for changing model numbers and often time the sealer unit itself is the same, but what is different are the accessories included. If you really want to save check with the company as they sell refurbs pretty cheap.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I got the v3880 from Costco. Think its $139 or $149 but they run it for $20 off several times a year. It has the hose for the marinator accessory which is really nice. It really will marinate in 10 minutes it pumps the air in and out in cycles to speed the process. It also has a pulse button so you can manually control it which is key if you ever want to seal liquids.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Just got the new Costco deals book for next month. The new food saver 4800 is $30 off down to $119.
  • Got this one last Christmas.  Works great and am very happy with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Be sure to check on the kits, as I bought the Gamesaver a couple of years ago with accessories for less than the sealer unit alone.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Picked up a Foodsaver Vac 550 on Craigslist for $10 today. Used twice with everything still in plastic. Came with an additional jar sealer. Was sick of borrowing Dad's Vac when needing it. Maybe do a quick check on Craigslist and find one for cheap. Some use them all the time while others wonder why they ever spent that much money on a product they hardly ever use.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • I have one of the original ones. DIL got me a new fancy one 4 Christmas ago and it sucked, really sucked...gasket was bad just a POjunk. Went back to the old one, not fancy but after 10+ years still does the job.
    Watching infomercial about the new 2-1 and that has perked my interest....like the stopper for the wine bottle.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • You might check out Amazon...we got a 3880 with bags and marinating attachment for around $129. And shipping was free. Ours works great, have had it for 2 yrs.

Opelika, Alabama