Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corvette For Sale (actually it's a commercial slicer)

I bought a Univex commercial slicer yesterday and I'm going to sell it and get something smaller. This thing is a beast. It's on craigslist for $300. I paid $200 and would sell it for that to any Austin area egger that wants it. Runs like a champ. Needs new bushings on a few gliders and the nut to take the blade guard off is stripped. I looked and the parts are $100-$200 to make it perfect. 

We used it all night last night and it cuts perfect now. i would just get the parts and get it perfect if I were going to keep it. I might do that and sell it for $600 but I wasn't looking for a project.

I am picking up another one tomorrow that I bought for $400. I am now "Centex's house of used slicers" Come on down!!!!!!
imageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    On a side note... I'll look for your brackets when I get home.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2013
    Thanks. How's the slicer you got? I found 3 really nice small commercial units here. all 300-400. I bought the $400 because it was made in Italy and had a cool sticker on it. I'm smart like that.

This thing weighs 100 lbs and takes up my entire island. My kids posed it on their facebook pages under the guise that we had lost our minds.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I got mad jelly and perused CL yesterday. Univex, Hobart, and Globe all for 300-400. Imma get me sum hair nets. Lunch lady land here I come.
  • hair net?- check

Uncle Rico 'stache? check

Dirty Wife Beater T? check

Marlboro Heater barely hanging from corner of mouth? Check

Time to slice some meat!
  • henapple
    got mad jelly...

For village idiot and Mickey that means he proceeded to grow very jealous... He didn't buy angry jam.

Serious cred points my nizzle.. You be strait trippin yo.
  • henapple
    Centex... Mine is definitely not commercial but should do the job. Sher-bear just shook her head...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I got mad jelly and perused CL yesterday. Univex, Hobart, and Globe all for 300-400. Imma get me sum hair nets. Lunch lady land here I come.
    Navy beans navy beans navy beans...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Thanks. How's the slicer you got? I found 3 really nice small commercial units here. all 300-400. I bought the $400 because it was made in Italy and had a cool sticker on it. I'm smart like that.

This thing weighs 100 lbs and takes up my entire island. My kids posed it on their facebook pages under the guise that we had lost our minds.

Dude, I have a high end Italian one that an Italian guy that works for me gave me. He got it as a wedding gift and never used it. Crapped out right out of the box.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thanks. How's the slicer you got? I found 3 really nice small commercial units here. all 300-400. I bought the $400 because it was made in Italy and had a cool sticker on it. I'm smart like that.

Dude, I have a high end Italian one that an Italian guy that works for me gave me. He got it as a wedding gift and never used it. Crapped out right out of the box.

Damnit. I knew I should have bought the Chinese one.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Could be a different make :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2013
    sold for $250. carry on
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited October 2013
    few years ago I picked up my Italian made, light commercial duty 1/4 hp slicer from CL for $40, added $30 for new sharpening stone and couple of hours of TLC + elbow grease ... very happy

canuckland