Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ClayQ's Pulled Beef

ChrisC
ChrisC Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to make ClayQ's Pulled Beef this weekend - the rec. calls for 3 Choice chuck roasts - Can someone give me some help w/ total pounds I should start with???[p]Thx
ChrisC

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    ChrisC,
    I've made it a coulple of times using only 2 roasts...usually shoulder roasts in the neighborhood of 3 to 3 1/2 pounds each. Clay's recipe is great, and it is easily adaptable to more or less meat. I modify the seasonings each time and it's always is a hit. If you haven't tried it you'll find it very versatile and tasty.[p]Good luck.[p]Mike

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    ChrisC, ever time I have done it I start with an aggregate of 10 to 11 pounds. BTW a twist that Clay suggested himself that I always follow is to add a diced, peeled Golden Delicious apple in at stage 2. It will disappear but adds a hidden kicker to the results.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ChrisC
    Thanks Mike. I am looking forward to it.

Also - love the new handles you just posted - the customer should be thrilled.

-Chris
  • ChrisC
    Thanks for the info - I am going to try the apple - I think he should modify the rec. that is online to include the apple.

Have a great weekend.

-ChrisC
  • ChrisC
    I think that I will leave the spider out the first go around.

-C