Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FYI: Foodsaver storage

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, All:[p]Usually I latch onto this forum like a parasite, leeching information from the host body, but tonight I have a tip that might help a few people. It is small and it is this: It's not at all necessary to freeze liquids before vacuum sealing them with the Foodsaver. It won't suck all the juice out. Just have the Foodsaver slightly higher than whatever you've ladled into the bag, clamp it down, and hit the button. It's easier with two people but also works solo. This has worked very well for me, including on a recent batch of pork chile verde I made on my large Egg. You can stack your masterpieces like magazines in the freezer, wasting almost zero space. Hope this helps, and thanks to all for all the insights I've gleaned from this forum.[p]Jim

Comments

• Jim,
    Great tip! I've been having trouble with mine but I think you just solved my problem. Mik

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    Jim,(I'm not asleep yet) Thanks for your suggestion, but I find that a common VCR tape is the perfect leveler for me when sealing most anything with my Food Saver. OTOH I also love to make soups, pour into a flat pan, freeze, score and break, and then vacuum them into very stackable sizes.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' Jim,
    I just replaced my FoodSaver Pro 2 because I got liquid sucked into the pump.
    The silver lining is that the FoodSaver folks sold me a reconditioned one for $50 & that included shipping.
    Cheers,
    bruce [p]