Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a new idea for a cook.

I may have time Sunday to cook a nice meal on the Egg after all now.  I will be watching football as well so on commercials I can check the Egg (if needed).  Any ideas for a new cook idea?  No steaks or plain chicken. 

Making a chilli in a few weeks so that's out.  had a brisket 2 weeks ago.  Can't do an overnight as we will be out of the house for a few hours Sunday morning.

Give me some ideas - Looking for low carb of course and something with lots of flavor.

Thanks all.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Turkey legs. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Naked Ham. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Bacon wrapped and stuffed breast. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Mickey
    Shrimp burgers. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Mickey
    Spatchcocked turkey. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    You must be a Jets fan. If you follow the NFC East this year, there really isn't any reason to watch the New York team. Or any of them, for that matter.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    edited October 2013
    steam a lobster and root for the pats
    :D if anyone complains shhhhhh them, your watching the game
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Sausage and Veg's. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Mickey - Are you cooking?  If so I am on my way down.  Those shrimp burgers look great - maybe one day (Wife does not eat shrimp).

Ham is a possibility.   Got to look into different recipes for that.

Garnerville, NY
  • robnybbq
    You must be a Jets fan. If you follow the NFC East this year, there really isn't any reason to watch the New York team. Or any of them, for that matter.
    Unfortunately yes I am.  I have season tix as well but cant make this weeks game as my son has a hockey game Sunday morning and I will never make it to the game on time.  His hockey is more fun the real NY hockey so far.

Garnerville, NY
  • Mickey
    edited October 2013
    NAKED HAM / SMOKE ONLY Let me start that for the past 6 years i have only cooked Egerts Ham (this is an outstanding ham Egged on the BGE). A short while ago went looking for (did not know this at the time) a naked ham / smoke only. Looking at other ways to do a ham w/o the burbon, maple syrup, brown sugar, NO ANYTHING. Guys this was outstanding ham. It tasted like ham. It was a 7 lb Cooks ham (shank) and NOTHING was put on it (Nothing). Just smoke: both lots of pecan and cherry chunks. Cooked at 300 till 145. I did score the ham deep. Cooked indirect. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    edited October 2013
  • robnybbq
    On the ham - are you getting a fully uncooked ham?  Around here most of the ham's are precooked somewhat.

I like that idea.  What veggies can I cook with the ham that will taste good and not taste like dried out cardboard.  Not much luck with veggies on the egg. 

Garnerville, NY
  • Mickey
    I use a cooked ham. On veg's 400 indirect with balsamic and oil plus S&P.

• bsgator
    bsgator Posts: 30
    Anything from nibblemethis.com or car wash mike's ribs which are a great 6 hour cook