Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL Preview At Eggtoberfest And A Few Extra Pics

Here are a few pics from the Fest.  Also one of the new XXL Egg - This thing is a beast.  Here is a picture next to a Large and XL - Yeah that is a Large on the left.  I asked one of the BGE distributors about the XXL - They told me that they should be coming out in a few weeks to the dealers.  They weren't sure about the list price but we guessed around $1,800 - I bet it will be more.  They are going to bundle with plenty of accessories.  Dr BBQ was cooking a bunch of chicken on one and was telling the film crew what he thought - It was pretty positive.
Milton, GA.

Comments

• wow, wish i could have made it. thx for the pics
    Beaufort, SC
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    I am curious who told you a few weeks on the XXL. The folks I know over there have said March/April. We had a great time this weekend and, as always, came home with more than we left with  :-)
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Fews weeks sounds right. I was hearing around the holidays for the release.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    It was one of the Distributors, not a BGE employee. I think they are really close to the launch but I can only go with what they told me.  Maybe someone else can let us know what they heard.
    Milton, GA.
  • The magazine we got at the fest Big Green Egg Lifestyle says it will go into production early 2014
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • flynnbob

Interesting.  The way I look at it is if they aren't ready to launch the product, don't display it at the biggest show of the year (and meet & greet).  All of the other eggs at the BGE store had the list prices displayed but the XXL did not and that is why I tracked down someone with a BGE vest and asked about it.  In my opinion, they lost a major opportunity to tell their target audience about the next great generation of BGE. At the very least, have some talking points to help generate interest. Maybe a sign like "New for Spring 2014"  ....  Missed the boat on this one IMHO.

Milton, GA.
  • Crimsongator
    It is really meant to target the Culinary Partners, maybe competition teams but not the average egger. Each 1 of those made takes up the kiln space for a more popular size.
  • My dealer told me that he ordered 2 at a dealer event last spring. He said he was told that they would be $4,000
    Mark Annville, PA
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    How much are they charging for a mini and large up there so I know for next year?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Crimsongator
    My dealer told me that he ordered 2 at a dealer event last spring. He said he was told that they would be $4,000
    I can't doubt him but that seems out of line. I remember bring told the nest and platesetter would come with it. I guess MSRP of all that for the XL is $1800ish
  • flynnbob
    @Crimsongator and @cortguitarman, I agree that the XXL is targeted for the competition / restaurant market. I would think that the $4K price is probably more in line. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. The XXL is one big mama and you better have a good supply of lump to keep her happy.  @yzzi, the prices at the fest were full retail so you could do better with a local dealer or buy a fest demo egg.
    Milton, GA.
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    I saw it about a month ago at the Mothership and they had not even tried to cook on it direct.  They said it took about 10lbs to smoke some chickens.  My guess is you have to use a baby pool for drip pan.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    thanks for the photo and the information - i would never pay 3000 or 4000 for and egg - but after friday's visit to the mother ship - filled up the truck bed with charcoal and others goodies - - - - Maybe I Did :)

mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large