Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo Egg Pickup

Options
Love ya, BGE, but the demo egg pickup is crazy slow. Gonna be here all night. *sigh*

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Get ye to the afterparty

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Is there an after party?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    There always is in ATL. Probably several as there would be more than one host hotel. Get to the one where Nature Boy (Chris) is.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GoldfishDude
    Options
    Why is it taking so long? My brother is picking his up and he's saying the line is barely moving....
  • Dyal_SC
    Options

Why is it taking so long? My brother is picking his up and he's saying the line is barely moving....

IMHO, it seemed marginally planned out. Traffic was convoluted and it was not clear where one was to go (or which line to get in) to pick up their Demo Egg. And it seemed like they could have had more workers helping to load. Maybe multiple lanes would have helped?? They were tending to only 1 to 3 vehicles at a time. But even with the demo egg traffic, we still had a blast. :) Great overall job, BGE! Can't wait for next year! :)
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Forget the line BGE did a great great great job a very professional operation I had a great time and this was my 1st event and from now on will be a annual event for me
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yep. It'll be an annual event for us for sure.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• chadewey2000
    Options
    I really lucked out with the demo egg  I was 3rd in line and got a brand new uncooked on egg not sure how.. It had aluminum foil under the daisy wheel and was loaded up with charcoal and a lighter pieced,but I guess noone ever fired it up. They only had the right side open when I went through but they were working pretty fast.  I can imagine that they were sore after lifting all of those eggs at the end.  Cant wait for next year!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think they should give people the option of picking them up the next day.  There are tons of folks local who wouldn't mind coming back, and it would cut the line down the day of. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    How much was the discount for demo eggs?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Demo eggs with nest, ash tool, grate lifter, starter cubes and plate setter were $750 total. That included tax.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dyall, was that for a Large?
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    @BuckeyeBob , yep, that was for a large. I picked it up for a friend.
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    I was 9th in line, so no complaints, but saw the disaster of a line behind us.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It happens every year. We sat around in our canopy for awhile and the people that they made round up all the eggs were the culinary students walking around in cook jackets. I saw one guy push one of the eggs over but luckily it didn't break. The dizzy pig tent was surrounded by rocks and they had to have a person on each side to get those eggs out. After that they have to scoop out the charcoal and let the eggs cool enough to put into cars. In the old venue it was an open field where the line of cars was and it would wrap around the whole turn in the infield and always took several hours.