Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sliders on the menu tonight

Options
After judging last weekend at the San Antonio Rodeo cook-off, i got to talk to a few cooks. They used mayonnaise to seat the rub on the meat. So today I slathered my butt in mayo. Then Bad Byrons'... of course. Will let you know how the sliders come out. Got the Blues Hog ready.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Same idea as using mustard. I assume that the mayo (like mustard) does not affect the taste of the finished product.

Looking forward to seeing your results.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Yahtzee! Mayo a success.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Taste?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Fantastic. I injected after I put on the Egg. The bark was nice. Meat was incredibly moist. Got my method dialed in. Run to 165 internal, foil and run to 205. FTC for a few hours and serve. I left Maverick in when I foiled instead of reinserting after foiling. Got good readings, verified with Thermapen. Cooked indirect over B&B Hickory. I let Egg settle in somewhere between 300-350 and cook to temp. It really doesn't matter if I use mustard or mayonnaise. It turns out great.