Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rights of passage.....my first prime rib with pic's

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made my first prime rib roast last night and I'm going to admit that I was a little nervous with this expensive cut. Well as things turned out(thanks to the forum) this was the best prime rib I have ever had. I was planning this cook for a while and thought I do this on my birthday if the weather was nice, and it was. I followed thirdeye's method of low-n-slow indirect untill I hit 125 degrees internal then into a cooler to rest while I cranked up the egg for searing. The sear at the end of the cook instead of the begining works so well that I'm doing this for all my steaks. Here are a few pictures......[p]This is prime real estate, a 4 bone roast.

IMG_0757.jpg

To start things off I made two loaves of focaccia -fresh garden herb-bread. Was great with the prime rib dinner.

IMG_1021.jpg

The sear was a little ticky for such a large cut of beef. The aroma was killing me(I starved out most of the day in anticipation of a prime rib feast).

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

The knife went into this rib roast like butter. A garden salad with tomatoes, focaccia bread and a bottle of Merlot rounded out our dinner. Stuffed and happy, a right of passage for this egg "nut".
Thanks thirdeye for your help,
Clay

IMG_1037.jpg

Comments