Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating butts

Options
Cooking two pork butts for a friend they will be done. Friday morning for a party sat afternoon. What is the best way to reheat them. Should I leave them hole or shred them and heat them up. Can't make party gonna be at killington brewfest. I just don't want them dry. Thanks

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I'd pull them, then reheat the pulled pork. You can use a crock pot, Nesco electric oven, or foil pan in the oven. Add some liquid (beef broth, coca cola, Dr. Pepper, apple juice). Will turn out fine.
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    Thanks that sounds good
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    I like to use foodsaver bags and seal up about a pound or so per bag.  Then when reheating just put into boiling water (even frozen).  Comes out as good as the first day.  
    Long Island, NY
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    +1 on the Coke, learned from RRP told and it's a winner.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX