Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sons first cook (PICS)

Options
SmokingInMO
SmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gage.jpg
<p />Didn't get a chance to post these yesterday. On my sons tenth birthday it was time for him to learn the ways of the egg. He did everything from making the rub, starting the fire and in the end pulling the pork. His fire lasted all night long and into the next day just like a pro. I am seeing another egg purchase in our future and some father and son cook offs.
Gagepork.jpg
GagePork2.jpg

Comments

• PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    SmokingInMO,
    That rocks!!! I have the same plans for my son. I really like the Eggzebo.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    50780390_fe7bd258dc.jpg?v=0
    <p />SmokingInMO,
    Excellent pics! And congrats on the young one's success!
    You know what they say...start 'em early.
    Mine just turned 18 months yesterday, so a little too early for our first cook tegether:)He was a little help assembling the small though!:)
    But I must say it will be a little easier teaching him how to Q then to play baseball being that it seems he is devoloping as a leftie and I am a righty.
    Thanx for the post as it makes me look fwd in doing our first one tegether!
    ST

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    SmokingInMO, you have had more success than I ever did. My oldest (now 25) has just said he wants to learn more about cooking on the EGG. My youngest (21) says he just wants me to cook stuff for him.

• Sandbagger
    Options
    SmokingInMO, I see the your son's 2 sandwhiches! Where are yours? LOL [p]It's a slow go trying to get my 13 year old daughter interested in egging. Maybe I need a cute 13 year boy egging, then that would get her attention.....Man, I can't believe I just typed that. Tom

• SmokingInMO,[p]Wow That looks fantastic! Looks like he did a great job.[p]phillip