Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt stix

Ok I had a crazy thought at work today.

Everybody who does Butts on the egg loves the bark.

How can I get more bark on my butts.

then I thought why don't you just cut down the butts into "strips". I thought about this for a while, trying to think the process through to its completion.

So this my plan:

Cut the butt into about 2" square strips. Skewer it, (cause everything tastes better on a skewer) and proceed as normal for cooking temps and set up.

Of course it wont take as long to come to temp, hence this I think is my only possible issue, is that it wont have time to "get tender" like a normal pulled pork. I figure if it doesn't work, it will be like a porkchop on a stick with extra bark. Not such a bad thing.

All I can imagine is sliding it off the skewer while squeezing a hot dog bun and toping it with slaw. Saturday wont come fast enough for me.

Anyone else have this crazy idea? I cant imagine I am the only one to think like this.

Comments