Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Healthier potato's

So discovered avocado and roasted garlic goes really well in mashed potatos:))

Kinda counteracts the unhealthy ribs.Its nice to find a way to get the kids to eat avocado!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Try mashed cauliflower...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    henapple said:
    Try mashed cauliflower...
    Did mashed cauliflower loads of times...good stuff but the kids didnt take to it.

• Whoa - it is the spuds that are unhealthy, not the ribs - say it ain't so. Isn't that what the Atkins is all about, increasing protein and reducing carbs?  Last time I checked spuds are carbs, ribs are protein. 

I think beer is protein, I'm pretty sure about that. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Yeah potato is carb heavy and we have tried to cut back but we love our spuds!!
    Carbs in the potato,carbs in the beer and saturated fat in the ribs jeez can't win.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited September 2013
    I'd rather enjoy myself for 70 years than eat oat bran for 85.  

Speaking of cauliflower, my new Cook's Illustrated has a recipe for cream of cauliflower soup.  I haven't read the article yet but I did read the sidebar, wherein if you cook cauliflower for ten minutes it really brings out the sulferous, "cabbage-y" flavor, but if you cook it for 30 minutes, those sulfur compounds are driven off and the veg turns nutty and almost sweet.  Their soup recipe appears to use both, will be fun to experiment with.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2013
    Carbs in the potato,carbs in the beer and saturated fat in the ribs jeez can't win.
    I disagree, sound to me like you are winning. Dinner on the egg, so for breakfast and lunch eat healthy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I disagree, sound to me like you are winning. Dinner on the egg, so for breakfast and lunch eat healthy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

Meatloaf is right.