Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Happy September 16th

Feliz Diez y Seis de Septiembre a mis Amigos Méxicanos. ¡ Viva México !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• UNO mas cervasa porfavor.

That's all I got.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    "Tengo el gato los pantalones" ~Martin Lawrence, Blue Streak

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited September 2013

marques uno para espanol, ...... WTF?

:))

Soy de los Estados Unidos

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    REMEMBER THE ALAMO
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Pero, mis amigos ..... without Mexico, you'd be eating

Pate foie gras crepes instead of enchiladas
    Kidney Pie instead of tacos
    Weinerschnitzel instead of fajitas.

The list goes on ....

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey

VI I see no real problem with your third: Weinerschnitzel..........I love fajitas but,  weinerschnitzel.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:

VI I see no real problem with your third: Weinerschnitzel..........I love fajitas but,  weinerschnitzel.....

Show me the last post where someone cooked weinerschnitzel on the Egg.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    VI and Mickey, do you mean Weinerschnitzel the fast food hot dog place? Or true German? :))

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin said:
    VI and Mickey, do you mean Weinerschnitzel the fast food hot dog place? Or true German? :))
    Weinerschnitzel is Austrian, not German.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Do I smell a challenge brewing here?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Do I smell a challenge brewing here?
    Perhaps, but if I participate, I will cook Chicken Fried Steak, which was developed by Austrian and German Immigrants to the Texas hill country in the 19th century, trying to emulate weinerschnitzels.  I will add the required cream gravy, of course.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin

Hmm. Did not know that. Learn something new every day. I prefer chicken fried steak anyway. Actually had chicken fried steak and eggs with a bloody mary for brunch yesterday. Now back to the original topic.

Passame el tequila! Arriba, abajo, al centro, adentro!! Salud!

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    edited September 2013
    Do I smell a challenge brewing here?
    Perhaps, but if I participate, I will cook Chicken Fried Steak, which was developed by Austrian and German Immigrants to the Texas hill country in the 19th century, trying to emulate weinerschnitzels.  I will add the required cream gravy, of course.

My weinerschnitzels have NO GRAVY.... Only quartered lemons to squeeze on them. No reason they can't be cooked on the Egg.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• UNO mas cervasa porfavor. That's all I got.
    Thought for sure it would be "Dos cervasa porfavor" or maybe that's how Canucks order beer. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey said:
    My weinerschnitzels have NO GRAVY....

That's why they're not called Chicken Fried Steaks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    well im confused, is a weinerschnitzel like a chicken fried steak or more like an italian veal cutlet no sauce
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I don't know an Italian veal cutlet, but the weinerschnitzel I had in Vienna was like a chicken fried steak, although that particular one was more greasy than what I like.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Schnitzel means escalope in German. It can be ant type of meat Weiner is "from Vienna" so it means the Vienna style and that is with veal pounded, floured, egg dipped and breaded...no gravy. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    Schnitzel means escalope in German. It can be ant type of meat Weiner is "from Vienna" so it means the Vienna style and that is with veal pounded, floured, egg dipped and breaded...no gravy. 
    sounds like the traditional italian veal sandwich here no sauce, its always pounded really thin , never had a chicken fried steak that was pounded really thin but chicken fried is not really big here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Never had a chicken fried steak, not that I lose sleep over that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Schnitzel means escalope in German. It can be ant type of meat Weiner is "from Vienna" so it means the Vienna style and that is with veal pounded, floured, egg dipped and breaded...no gravy. 

I lived in Germany my first 10 years for most of the time (yes, VI it was after the war). My birth Mother is German and she fixes it more in pork than veal. With gravy is called Jäger Schnitzel.

• Griffin
    And in Mexico "this dish is called milanesa or "carne empanizada" and it consists of a thin slice of beef, chicken, veal, or sometimes pork, and even eggplants or soy. Each slice is dipped into beaten eggs, seasoned with salt, and other condiments according to the cook's taste (like parsley and garlic). Each slice is then dipped in bread crumbs (or occasionally flour) and shallow-fried in oil, one at a time. Some people prefer to use very little oil and then bake them in the oven as a healthier alternative." Just trying to wrangle this thread back on topic. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    @Griffin. These things have a topic?

• Mickey said:

I lived in Germany my first 10 years for most of the time 
    I bet you were so cute wearing liederhosen.

Dripping Springs, Texas.