Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small prices

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Found a small for $270. Should I?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
    that looks like a mini.... i paid 200 last year for a small with stand and plate setter.... 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    I think that is a mini, not a small...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • henapple
    Options
    Thanks... Probably won't.. I already have the ps and cast iron grid for the small.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    TWSS

That thing is not just small, it is mini. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I was thinkin the same.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    You know the way you are going and have embraced the egg lifestyle, in another year or two you will have one of each, so to quote Warren Miller, "If you don't do it this year you will be one year older when you do".
    You know you want it, go get it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    At least where I live the mini is $400 nowadays so IMHO $270 is still a tad high for no warranty. Amazing that when I bought my mini it was only $195 because that size was still thought of as a novelty and the popularity had not yet taken off. Elsewhere the mini has a cult like following!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i bought my large years ago for 500 delivered, somehow 400 just seems wrong for a mini toy grill
      :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You know the way you are going and have embraced the egg lifestyle, in another year or two you will have one of each, so to quote Warren Miller, "If you don't do it this year you will be one year older when you do".
    You know you want it, go get it. 
    Skiddy, are you a big skier?

henapple, that is 4 dollars less than I paid for my mini brand new. I'd take it for 200.
  • henapple
    Options
    It is a mini... I misread the ad. Texted him back... He let me know quickly I couldn't find one for under $300. So, still hunting.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    That's an old style mini I bought one (new old stock) last April for 250 no stand.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:
    It is a mini... I misread the ad. Texted him back... He let me know quickly I couldn't find one for under $300. So, still hunting.
    He must be very proud of it.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    I bought a new mini @ the N. GA Eggfest for $300. The problem with that mini is the new eggcessories won't fit that includes the platesetter or the mini woo, since the grid is only 9" plus no warranty.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Why no warranty, Hic?  Eggs from 'fests have a warranty, afaik.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    I just pulled the trigger on a 1 year old small. $400, comes with platesetter, nest and woo. While more than I really wanted to spend, espeically with no warranty, I pulled the trigger after I called the dealer and they priced me a new small for $475, Add a nest for $125, and then online priced a woo at $60 & Platesetter at $55, figured taxes $66 for a grand total of $880.00.. I suddenly felt $400 wasn't so bad. I had not wanted to spend more than $300 but I figure it's in great shape and has the accessories I would end up buying anyway so felt it was close. Call me crazy.. maybe I overpaid a bit but it's what we eggers tend to do on this hobby!  

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Raymont said:
    I just pulled the trigger on a 1 year old small. $400, comes with platesetter, nest and woo. While more than I really wanted to spend, espeically with no warranty, I pulled the trigger after I called the dealer and they priced me a new small for $475, Add a nest for $125, and then online priced a woo at $60 & Platesetter at $55, figured taxes $66 for a grand total of $880.00.. I suddenly felt $400 wasn't so bad. I had not wanted to spend more than $300 but I figure it's in great shape and has the accessories I would end up buying anyway so felt it was close. Call me crazy.. maybe I overpaid a bit but it's what we eggers tend to do on this hobby!  
    Wow!  I bought my small brand new with warranty for about $550, stand included.  You've got some high prices in your neck of the woods. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I just bought a new small with nest and shelves for $499. It did take me awhile to find that deal though.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.