Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dual probe wireless remote thermometer by Big Green Egg

Options
My husband picked up a wireless remote thermometer made by Big Green Egg at our local dealer.  We have not opened it yet, so was wondering if anyone has used this particular thermometer and if so what do you think.  I have seen a lot about the Maverick, but not about this one.

Comments

• Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Options
    If I am not mistaken I think they are one in the same as it is a maverick rebranded for the BGE.

I have one as I talked the dealer into to a discount when I bought the egg and it works really well since I learned to cook to temp and not time.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    pretty sure it is a Mav-732. If under $60, all is OK. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bonemuse
    Options
    It's the Maverick ET 73, not the 732.  I own it, and I think it even says somewhere inside one of the battery covers that it is a Maverick. It works fairly well-- I have to keep the remote in line of sight for it to pick up the transmitter signal.  Just make sure to cover the wire in foil until it is out of the egg! :)

--------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.