Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE display at the Baltimore Grand Prix

Options
Fireman_Joe
Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
I was walking through the vendor area and this display for some reason just caught my eye. Second photo is some of the free giveaways.
imageimage
Gambrills,Maryland

Comments

• Fireman_Joe
    Options
    FYI they had sample food, when I was there they had chicken wings on the LBGE.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice!  That would be a fun job.  I want that table (if I didn't know how much it cost). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 323
    Options
    Shoulda let me know Joe.  I was sitting around doing nothing today. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Fireman_Joe
    Options
    Sorry, was a last minute thing to do this morning
    :(
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    What's it like?

It's absolutely the dumbest thing Baltimore has ever done, but it looked pretty neat seeing the cars on Paca St.

Full disclosure: I am an RN at UMMC. I spent an average of 3 hours in traffic per day and and ambulances have a difficult time getting through the deadlock due to major arteries being closed. Patient care is a bit more important than a silly car race. At times it seemed like they would need the MSP to medevac people 1/2 mile away to stay inside the golden hour.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Options
    It is neat, I am surprised at the speeds they reach on the streets compared to us usually on doing 10-30 mph.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Dang-it.  Missed it again.  I wish they would advertise it more in DC.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    They were having this race in DC, but our great leaders of the nations capital let it leave. They did millions of dollars of work around RFK to have the event, and now they use it for nothing.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Firemanyz said:

They were having this race in DC, but our great leaders of the nations capital let it leave. They did millions of dollars of work around RFK to have the event, and now they use it for nothing.

They made the right decision. They have lost money every year, are on their 3rd financier, cause local businesses to lose money... the list goes on. But hey, at least the city repaved the streets for it 3 years ago.

Hopefully DC wants it back once the 5 year contract is up. I love open wheel and Le Mans-type racing - best there is. This race has almost universal hatred in the city, though.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    I think DC lost money the two years they had it. So they did not try hard to stop it from leaving.