Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Winter Here? (With: REAL Dizzy Pig Content)

BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Son of a pup! Go away for a few days and come back and some farging barstool is posting derogatory cablooey under the Dizzy Pig name (blasphemy!), bbqbob and drbbq are bickerin' on the Egg forum among others, Car Wash Mike is all afluster over some perceived afront to the Dizzy Pig brotheren and worse than all that, I read that the Yankees won the freakin' East!
Can't I leave you kids alone for one dang weekend?!!
Anyway, there weren't no 490 teams where the Dizzy Pig North team was this weekend (Oinktoberfest bbq comp just outside Buffalo, NY), but we did pick up a 6th in chicken and a nice trophy and check for our 3rd place ribs (28 teams). 6th overall. Congrats to Donnie's Smokehouse for their GC and to Park Place BBQ for their enthusiastic team effort. Met some real nice folks there too, as well as some old friends like Fran and Judy Fry (the Frying Pan). A good event with new KCBS sanctioning drawing lots of local teams out. We'll go back. Hey, where the heck else you gonna see a pneumatic pumpkin cannon that fires the hallowed orange gourds 500+ feet? Huh?
Qfan

Comments

• BBQfan1,[p]good job on the great showing![p]phillip
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    BBQfan1,
    Congrats![p](and you know what they say about the mice when the cat's away...)[p]Ken

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    BBQfan1, ok - so there were only 489 teams where you were. That was still a good showing. And you're right about stuff happening while you wre gone. You even missed the "Send money, make money" offer we had. As for the bickering, I don't worry about it as long as folks are using their names. I can still disagree with someone without reverting to name calling, insults and other personal affronts and so can drbbq and BBQBob. But that spineless wonder who tried to drag down the good name of 'dizzy pig' deserves the fate of St Lawrence (the patron saint of BBQ, I'm sure). Welcome back, congratulations on the weekend and condolences on the Yankee finish. The Braves are (ho-hum) in the playoffs again. It's gotten so bad here that people won't buy first round playoff tickets because they treat that like a regular season (it's been a regular part of our season for 14 years now) game. Hopefully, we'll squeeze by Houston and upset the Cardinals to take on the White Sox. But, I imagine that San Diego, on 3-2, 4-3 and 0-4 series results will become the first World Series participant with a losing record

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    BBQfan1,
    Waydago buddy!! Doin' the funky chicken, Woo style, here at the ranch. This is fine news indeed. A nice way for the Canadian dizzies to get pumped for the Jack!
    See you in a couple weeks mang.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One, Do you want to .... (ho-hum)..... up to the betting window with me. Friendly wager, $10, payable at eggtoberfest: Astros vs. Braves. I'll even take the lonely Astros. tom

• BBQfan1,[p]I missed drbbq and Bob going at it over here? Was bob lost? ;-) Good showing to the DPN team! Good job to both teams as well! Heck Chris, you guys were so close, you should of stopped by my house... ;-)

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Scottie,
    Just killing some Sunday time Scottie. No harm done.

• bbqBob,[p]I always miss the good stuff!!! ;-) Did you get that egg yet? Better hurry up and buy one or I might have someone pick one up at Eggerfest for me...
  • BBQ-BoB
    Scottie,
    It wasn't all that good actually. Well it depends on how you look at it too I guess. I'm just sorry it had to happen over here.[p]I did get some help on getting an egg at least. Been on the horn twice with Erik of Hoover Fence. He's doing some checking for me.[p]Just hope I can get my foods to look as good as what I see posted here all too often!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Sandbagger, sure I'll bet but it shouldn't be cash - what about 10 pounds of Texas mesquite versus 10 pounds of Georgia pecan?

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQfan1,
    By the way Mike nice job this past weekend! Congrats to you guys? Did the pig lights bring you any luck?[p]Keep it going Mike![p]Bob