Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last lonely cook

Options
Tonight was the last lonely cook my large as I will be pickin up the small tomorrow Just hoping there isn't any egg jealousy from the large.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How much is the small gonna cost you, if you dont mind my asking. Im debating on one , too.

Little Rock, AR

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I am getting the small, nest, egg mates and lump for $499. Last years model but unused. I had to jump on this cause most places around here are askin $549 for the egg and $135 for the nest.

analyze adapt overcome

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Cool man thanks. If I get one I'll just build a table, but was wanting a small so its somewhat portable.

Little Rock, AR

• Trini_in_Ottawa
    Options
    No pics, it never happened... ;)
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Congrats on the Small! That's a nice deal.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mattman3969
    Options

Oh you will get your pics!!

Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.

analyze adapt overcome

• Trini_in_Ottawa
    Options

Oh you will get your pics!!

Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.
    I was actually talking about the last lonely dinner... Egg jealousy may have caused the quality of your cook to be bumped up a level up, I have heard that when you have more than one Egg, they compete with each other improving the food quality... :)
  • Mattman3969
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Just simple chicken,baby bellas and green beans wrapped in turkey bacon

analyze adapt overcome

• Trini_in_Ottawa
    Options
    Nice shot of last lonely dinner :)
    Congrats on the latest addition.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Oh you will get your pics!! Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.
    FYI the grayish mates are the composite shelves which are the premier shelves. BBQ's Galore quoted me $179 just for the composite mates for my medium, so even if you don't like the color you got a nice upgrade. Congrats on the new addition to your family.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Mattman3969
    edited August 2013
    Options
    And the happy family. BTW - the dealer traded me the gray composite mates for the wooden ones. I just thought they looked better.

analyze adapt overcome

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    good score on the small and I envy the trade on the eggmates.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Congratulations on the new member of the family. My large and small get along quite nicely, getting them both going at different temps works really well! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    The diff temps was the whole reason for the purchase and I finally got my wife buzzed enough to say ok!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Now you need to get rid of that shiny thing with the tree growing through it and the yard will look complete!
    NW IOWA
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    That is my storage box for the egg toys!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    A tribute to my ELF, Henapple! was the first time I took full advantage of using both eggs at different temps and one indirect and the other direct. It turned out great. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.