Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just a couple MINI pics I found from last fall

Options
Last fall, a friend of mine made a box so the mini could be portable, lol.  It's a pretty BIG box but in the big scheme, it doesn't take up that much room in my dirtbike trailer.  As an aside, the wood box works well as a cooking surface to bring the mini up off the ground.  So, I'd like to share with you two pics of different cooks from that trip and they're both things that I haven't seen pics of on the mini before. 

for starters, an overloaded paella!  I fed a bunch of people with this one, maybe six or seven.  Granted the pan is way overloaded but who cares, I needed to feed some people!

This next one was a dinner the following night for three of us.  I had two racks of lamb which I trimmed up well (I can't really tolerate lamb fat well), then cut in half and had four halves.  We each had one and then split the fourth

a big dinner made in our little cabin after a long day of riding, just what the Dr. ordered :)
Some killer lamb, a little sauce I made earlier, some blanched and grilled carrots, some roasted peppers, brocolli and Bucatini with homemade pesto
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Comments

• ringkingpin
    Options
    you will note that there is a bag of kingsford in there... I did use it the first night because we couldn't find anything else in the area (way north in Michigan) so I figured it wouldn't kill me on the paella since it is really just a fuel source.  That night I made some charcoal for the following night with some oak wook in our camp fire. 
     Brillat-Savarin
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Those pix are worth the wait. Nice!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Very well done!  (the box, not the lamb...well maybe but I wasn't invited  :(( )
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The Big Green Box is a neat accessory. And that plate looks killer!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Options
    Can you share more pics of the box?
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • ringkingpin
    Options
    Yeah, I'll have to take some more pics of the box.  It's wood and has a wood base with pieces to keep the egg in place.  It's designed to sit in it's nest in the box.  But I put other things in there too, tools, charcoal, etc.  There are two pieces of wood that go through the base and the box with magnets on them that hit a piece of steel in the base so they don't slide out.
     Brillat-Savarin