Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time to cook frozen

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Neve cooked frozen but was wanting some wings for lunch. Store only had frozen. Out of the bag and on the grill. Seems not to be a problem.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I threw a frozen butt on at 11 last night. At 167 right now.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    @Chubbs I would have never tried a frozen butt. What got you to do it?

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    At a bachelor party and cooking for everyone. Someone moved the butt from fridge to freezer to make more room for booze. No choice but to go frozen.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I've done plenty of frozen chuck roast but that's a different animal when sitting in a Dutch oven all day.

Those look amazing dude

XLBGE 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I wonder if the thawing might keep the meat at the bacteria growing level for too long.  Have there been studies on this?

Call me "Too Lazy To Google"

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if the thawing might keep the meat at the bacteria growing level for too long.  Have there been studies on this?

Call me "Too Lazy To Google"

Are you talking in the time it is in the 400 domed Egg from right out of the bag? The environment is hot all around it? Now Chubbs butt is a whole different story in what you are suggesting. .

• Chubbs butt would be a whole different equation for bacteria growth, no telling how it got there.

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Chubbs, are you going to pull it with the stripper's heels?