Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Niagara Eggfest 2013

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,518
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Lakeshore Living and staff, another great fest is in the books... great weather, great food, great friends, great fun.

In addition to the cooks' food, Lakeshore Living provides a whole pig porchetta and hip(s) of beef every year.  Guests are also treated to free wine samples and horse drawn wagon tour of the winery.  The day ended with the traditional cake cutting and champagne toast.

Beautiful venue at Hernder Estate Wines, St. Catharines, Ontario, where more than 100 weddings are held annually:

misu, a new friend from the 'other' forum with his wicked picanha sword:

also had the pleasure of meeting TOTN and his lovely SWMBO (she's on the wrong side of the camera)!

canuckland

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Looks like a great time!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Look's like lots of fun!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks like fun  I wish there was an Eggfest near me.  Would be a great way to meet fellow Eggers.  I'll need to work on on the wife to let me go to a Southern Eggfest soon.

Garnerville, NY
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oh, forgot to mention Lakeshore Living also generously gave each cook+helper $150 (2x75) gift cert to spend on eggcessories on site.  I picked up a half-moon raised grid with drip pan for XL, raised pizza stone for L, and a chicken stand!

btw, I have no business connection with Lakeshore Living, just a happy Canuck egghead!

Talented musician Jeff Brown and his band entertained the crowd all day. 

canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Gary, it was a pleasure to meet you and your "crew" at the Niagara Eggfest. I'm pretty sure that we got to sample everything that you cooked at it was all wonderful! We left shortly after the draw for the mini-egg so we missed the cake.

Looking forward to doing it all again next year!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @Chris_Wang, @RAC, @robnybbq, Great fun indeed, an egghead friend from Pittsburgh comes to cook almost every year, Misu is from Atlanta.

@TexanOfTheNorth, Thanks, how could we not recognise each other until the day was almost over, glad you finally did! We are still cooking and eating leftovers from the fest...too much food and not enough time to cook, poor planning on my part and the volunteer dumping lump into my egg with missing charcoal grate didn't help either!  My apology for serving tiny Costco-sized servings, had to choose between serving 20 people full piece of tandoori chicken vs. 40 people 1/2 piece each; I must have served 25 people with that single smoked cheese bread!  Now that you have two fests under your belt, why not sign up to cook? 

canuckland
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    How do I find out about these in advance? I live in Rochester NY, would have been there! :((
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Looks like a great time, wish we would have had time to go.

Gerhard
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Cookinbob, I'm not supposed to cross-link but to help you out I'm going to break the rule ...
    there were repeated reminders on the 'other' forum, just go there and do a site search on 'niagara', here's one of them:
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=1327858
    Mark your calendar for 2014: Toronto fest is beginner of June, Niagara is around mid-August.

@gerhardk, we missed you!
    canuckland
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Thanks for the link.  As a relative newbie here, I had no idea there was another forum.  Now I know where to look for Eggfests anyways, think this forum is easier to navigate.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY