Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Largest pot for small egg

Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggplant003.jpg
<p />Was able to shoe horn this 5 quart iron pot full of eggplant parm and sliced sweet sausages into small egg! I was really surprised it fit! Placed onto regular grid on top of 2 fire bricks. I would bet I could cook up some mighty tough cuts of meat with this set up.

Comments

• Charbon, is that a Lodge dutch oven ? Five qt. and no legs ; in the small ?? Chili smoked in the Egg is totally AWESOME...not to mention beans, soup, Mr. and Mrs Toad's apple fixins... Thanks for the "small" idea...The small, some smoke, and a DUTCH OVEN...I will be in HEAVEN....

• KennyGChili.jpg
    <p />tn slagamater,[p]KennyG's Chili on the egg Rocks! Here's a Lodge on my small.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 123
    tn slagamater,[p]I have a couple pounds of shredded beef in the freezer that came out a bit dry. I was thinking of converting it to chili, but was waiting for a great recipe to fall in my lap. Sounds like you have a bit of experience. Do you care to share a recipe?[p]Thanks,[p]Ed
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    7fb6f90f.jpg
    <p />Charbon,
    heres my gallon bean pot that just fits, make sure to remove the temp gage before closing the egg with it. i broke a new teltru therm that way. will be looking for that 5 quart lodge pot soon.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    tn slagamater, Yes it is a lodge. I bought it several years ago from LL Bean. I just had no idea it would fit. Makes great pot roast and will be even better when inside egg.