Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FINALLY!

I have a lot to learn but I have no complaints with my Ribs & Pulled Pork. That being said, Brisket has been my nemesis. I have tried a few flats and 2 packers with little success. Always ends up dry. I decided to give it another try this weekend. My luck started with a trip to Costco and, to my surprise, they had Prime Brisket. I spent 45 minutes trimming it to get the most contact with the rub. image I did a base coat of "Brisket Gold" rub, which has a nice heat to it. I let that set in and followed it with "Teddy Bear's Basis Rub" for color. image I smoke at 275 with some Peach wood. Once done, I FTCed it for several hours with some beef broth. I had separated the Point and Flat so I could come back an hour before eating and make Burnt Ends. I took the Point, cut it into cubes and combined the juices with some BBQ sauce. I had never done Burnt Ends before. They were like candy. SWMBO absolutely loved them! image The burnt ends would have been a victory but once I sliced the brisket, I knew I had FINALLY gotten one right. So juicy, so tender....simply awesome. image
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!

Comments