Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first brisket on the LBGE (w/pics)

My first post on this site, but I've been lurking for a while now...

Finally getting around to posting some of my pictures from the first brisket I did on my LBGE I purchased in June.  I did some chicken, steaks and burgers on it to get a feel of how to control the temps, then I dove in on a 9lb packer brisket for the 4th of July -

I used Adam Perry Lang's "Get A Book" brisket recipe and actually put the seasonings on 5 days in advance, wrapped it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge.  This is what it looked like the night it went on (the two pork butts were done on my off set smoker, which is now retired/replaced by the LBGE)

I put the brisket on the Egg at 11:00PM on July 3rd and by 3:00PM on the 4th, this is what it looked like -

I FTC'd it and worked on making Pig Shots from a recipe found on this forum -

The Pig Shots were done after 6-7 Spotted Cow beers, so they weren't the neatest...  The Pig Shots were done by 5:00 and I had exactly 1 of them before everyone ate all of them.  At 6:00, I took out the brisket, cut it up and served it -

After drinking Spotted Cow all afternoon, I hope you can understand why I forgot to take any pics... only remembered by the time I had gotten almost thru the point.

I've never been so impressed with a grill/smoker in my life and I've owned plenty of them... gassers, bullets, Webers, off-set, etc, etc.  What really hooked me was how steady it held the temps throughout the night.  With one exception, my LGBE held steady at 250*-275* for the entire time I had that brisket in it.  The only time I opened it up was when I took it off to FTC it.

I was so geeked up over the BGE, the next day I went out, found a turkey breast and smoked that on it -

Thanks to everyone on this forum for posting their experiences ... it helped me get through the first month or so with my LBGE, especially the "don't open it up and peek!" comments.

Stoogie
Large BGE

Neenah, WI

Comments