Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster tails

Options
Trying out some lobster tails tomorow looking for tips on temp and time. Recipies r welcome too!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lots of ways to do it.  Here's one: Make some herb butter with parsley, tarragon and thyme, little salt and pepper.  Cut a slit with shears through the top of the shell in the lateral direction.  Pour the herb butter in.  Cook until the center is just turning opaque.  You can cook direct or indirect. 

Also, Old Bay works as a seasoning.  I've used crab boil before (it's concentrated - be careful!).
    Options
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    They are so good cook like Nola said.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options

These are my notes from my last lobster cook for my daughters birthday.  They turned out pretty good.

I cut the tops of the shell all the way down the middle and also cut the meat to open it up a little.  I melted butter on the stove and added a little salt, juice of one lemon, and garlic powder.  I separated the lobster from the sides of the shell so the butter could get down in there.  Brush the top sides, etc. with the melted butter.

I cooked the lobster about 6 minutes meat side down and then about 14 minutes shell down.  I basted with butter when I turned them and about every 5 minutes or when I needed to check on them.

I had the grill at 400 and the grid just above the felt line.  Next time I would like to cook closer to the fire for at least the first six minutes when the meat side is down.  After that, maybe put them up on the raised grid or just leave it down and reduce the cook time.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE