Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Assembly problem

Well, I decided to put together my small ive had in my garage. While I was tightening the acorn nuts on hinge one of the studs pulled thru the band. Anyone experienced this? May have to call the mothership for a band replacement. Anyone have a fix other than new band?

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    That stinks. I wouldn't risk it, would take advantage of the life time warranty. 
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Try the dealer you bought it from; he should be willing to help.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
     My dealer is 500 miles away. May try to mushroom the head a little and see if I can get it to catch. If I cant will just warranty it. Thanks for the help
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    edited July 2013
    My son did the same thing when assembling one of our eggs. I went to a local hardware store and found a small screw. I shaped the head with a grinder and file to fit the band and last flat against the ceramic of the egg. Add the right size nuts and washers and your good to go.
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles