Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frenched rack of lamb

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
Cooked up two frenched racks of lamb for dinner last night. Cut the racks into pieces with 2 bones each and put them in a ziplock bag with marinade for a few hours:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Out of the marinade:

Coated with DP Red Eye Express:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Onto the LBGE raised direct around 400 degrees:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Only got a pic of the biggest ones which were the last to come off the Egg at around 130 IT:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos My messy plate:

It was tasty! Sure wish lamb was priced a little lower so I could enjoy this more often. Thx for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• eggerbbq
    eggerbbq Posts: 27
    What did you use for a marinade?
  • R2Egg2Q
    Marinade(for 2 racks) consisted of:
    Chopped fresh herbs:
    2 TBS thyme
    2 TBS oregano
    2 TBS rosemary
    4 cloves of garlic, minced
    Zest & juice of 2 lemons
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup EVOO
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    wow, that looks tasty
    Thanks. I was just going to ask for the marinade recipe. Picked up some chops today at CM for a week day cook. Hope mine look as good as yours.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Looks good.  Lamb chops go on the egg tomorrow.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Great cook. Lamb is a meat that doesn't get the due it needs. It's so tasty.
  • R2Egg2Q

Thanks. I was just going to ask for the marinade recipe. Picked up some chops today at CM for a week day cook. Hope mine look as good as yours.

Thanks Joan!

The marinade has a nice flavor but I have to admit the Red Eye Express rub really adds a great flavor.

Bay Area, CA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Very good looking cook.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys