Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Weber....

Options
A few weeks ago, all I had was a weber kettle. I had perfected cooked direct and indirect with charcoal over a few years. Then I got the LBGE for Father's Day. I hate turning back. When limited today, I had to fire up the weber for side dishes. How do I convince the wife we need a second egg? I'll try to ost some pics separately of the Korean style beef ribs, stuffed summer squash, and cheese filled peppers. mmmmm.

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with using the Webber for side dishes. You have it use it.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    TamaleTim said:
    How do I convince the wife we need a second egg?
    You have it backwards. You need to convince yourself that you DON'T.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with making due with what you have but maybe you can squeeze some of the sides on the egg and give her a side by side comparison.

Really just give it some time, my wife didn't understand until I bought my second large and now she is all for getting a small so we can travel with it.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Part of it is explaining that things cook differently on the weber and with 2 eggs you're timing will be better. 

My weber kettle sits lower than my XL in the nest.  I like the egg height much better.  Much easier on the back.  That's a good reason right there.  ;)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.