Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome not closing on large

Options
My dome won't close all the way with out really pulling forward and down, I have tried tightening all the bolts...seems like I made worse when I tightened the bolts holding the springs. All the bolts can still turn in their holes though so I think the closing mechanism is just worn out. Not sure if it is a warranty deal or not, I will give them a call tomorrow. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks, Bill

Comments

• Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Options
    I had it happen only once but that was after I was making sure all the bolts were tight and I guess I made them just a touch to tight. I adjusted and all was fine. 

I hope you get yours figured out soon!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options

If this happened "out of the blue" then something may be worn but I have never heard of the springs/closing mechanism wearing out. I would loosen up the bolts on the hinge mechanism (not the band bolts!!!) and see if you get any relief.  Just an opinion....

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    If its me, I'd pretty much remove the lid and start over. This video helped me in lining up the dome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jplxn4yAg
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Happened to me. Loosen everything, tighten back.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN