Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New member-first post

Howdy,

Wanted to get the first post out of my way and say hi from the Pacific Northwest. I had some trouble getting approved, so I've become intimately familiar
with the search function and have been reading, and egging, my butt off for the last 3-4 weeks. I've used a Weber Genesis for the last 7 or 8 years,
but have heard good things about the Egg. I'm on another forum, non-related, with Fan of Fanboys ( who I want to thank for the help while I waited to get approved) and SickEyeDiaz, and after reading their posts and hearing about this community, I pulled the trigger on a LBGE. Since then I've scored a PSWoo3,Wok, Pizza Stone and just recently scored one of the open box ThermaPens.

My wife about beat me with her shoe when she found out how much coin I was dropping.....then I smoked a pork butt, which out of it provided some killer pulled pork sandwiches, and then carnitas tacos a night or two later. She is now a believer and supports this endeavor.

Since then I've nailed salmon

Turkey Thighs and Drumsticks

wonky shaped, but delicious pizza

Plus skinless chix breasts multiple times that have come out great.

The only thing that didn't come out spectacular was a stuffed pork loin I made. It was a little dry....not a disaster,
but enough for me to realize I needed a better thermometer..which has been taken care of.

Tonight....I've got pork and beef ribs smoking right now..have been at about 215 for 3 hours...will probably pull them
after about 5 to 5.5 hours.

I have two labs..Otis and Stew, am drinking a New Belgium Rampant IIPA and have listened to Credence Clearwater Revival, Eric Dolphy's 1963 Illinois Concert and Refused today. I also like to fish, kayak and watch MMA.

There!

Battle Ground, WA
Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?

Comments