Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wondering what if...

...you did something crazy like smoke a filet mignon using the hot + fast brisket technique? Well I'm trying it out today!

Here is the plan:

Rub w/ Dizzy Pig Cow Lick
Oak smoke @ 350 degrees

Cook to 140 internal

This is either going to be awesome or an epic failure. Will post finished pics tonight.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's gonna rise up to medium-medium well...if that's how you like it, cool.
    +1 with @nolaegghead-you may want to pull earlier on the temperature scale.  But just an opinion...Any time you are playing around with the BGE is quality time!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • phoenix007
    phoenix007 Posts: 49
    And the results are in - pretty good, but not great. Ended up pulling at 130 degrees.

If I had it to go over again - I would have smoked at 300 degrees to increase the time they're in the smoker (didn't pick up too much smoke flavor). And, I'd finish it reverse sear style for crust.

But who am I kidding - @lousubcap you're exactly right any experiments with the Egg are awesome.