Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need garlic butter help...

Eggucator
Eggucator Posts: 226
What is your go to for garlic butter?  My wife and trying to perfect the deep pizza cook and are looking for a killer garlic butter for the crust.  Thanks. 
LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I like to roast whole garlic cloves before I put them on the pizza.  Olive oil, use the good stuff, complements it...coat the dough with it before adding anything.  Everything melds together...no need, IMHO, to have an infused oil.
    @nolaegghead Thanks.  I think I will give that a try! 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/garlic-butter-recipe/index.html

Seems too simple but turned out great when we made it.  I am sure I dont have to tell you to use fresh garlic.  It makes all the difference.  I wont use the dehydrated stuff or the one in the jar ever again.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Much like @dweebs0r using a fine garlic press and salted or unsalted butter you can make some great garlic butter. If you let it sit for a day you can nuke it and run it through a sieve for a poor man's infused garlic butter. We like the chunks but for a brush on it is best strained.
    The sieve can be hard to clean, make sure it is dishwasher safe. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sorry, didn't mean to misdirect you from garlic butter to roasted garlic cloves and EVOO...

Garlic butter is really versatile and tasty. :D

Please use any fresh garlic infused oils within 3 days or acidify it.  Garlic harbors botulism spore and oil is a good anaerobic medium for it to grow.