Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second attempt at pulled pork

This one was 6.8 pounds. I coated it in mustard then Pineapple Head from Dizzy Pig. I smoked it with apple and cherry wood at 230ish (with a spike to 250 at the end) for 12 hours and pulled at 198-200 IT. 

It's got a weird little bald spot. 

I rested it for 30 minutes then just pulled it. It's sitting in foil in the oven (warmish but not on) waiting for the inlaws to get here.

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    That looks perfect.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    dweebs0r said:

That looks perfect.

Yep.

If the in-laws don't make it, let me know. I'll bring the beer.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    AmericanFlannel I see you have a probe tree, Do you like it?

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Nice bark. I am sure the in-laws will be pleased. Let me know if you have left overs and I will send my address.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • First try with it (it's a CyberQ probe - has the alligator clip on it still)... The best part is I didn't knock it loose putting the meat on and off the grate. The funny thing is I forgot to get it when I bought the Egg and the CyberQ... the saleswoman at Dizzy Pig recommended one and everything and I still forgot it. So I fixed that problem when I went back to get more lump. I can't believe I am still on my first bag that I got with the Egg (Done two low and slows with shoulders, two low and slow with ribs and a pizza - didn't even reload the initial load until I did the shoulder above)

So yes, I like the tree - but got sticker shock when I got home and looked at how much it was :) 
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    That does look good, congrats. How does it taste with the pineapple head? I love that stuff on peaches, but it seems a little on the sweet side for pulled pork. Now I'm reconsidering that...

Cheers-
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • I did both shoulders with it (we like a sweeter pork plus my step father in law doesn't handle spicy well)... next time I am going to try something different.

When I got my egg I chose Dizzy Dust, Raging River and Pineapple Head. Did ribs with the Dizzy. Still need to try the Raging River on something.
  • Earp
    Earp Posts: 6
    Looks great. Raging river is great on salmon. Make sure to cook it on a cedar plank.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    You aced that cook, AF.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon