Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt done way too early, now what?

Options
Well, I put on a 9lb boneless butt at 11pm last night, had the cyberq wifi going, and woke up at 8am and it was 210.  Put it in a cooler wrapped up in foil and towls, but temp is now 140.  Party is at 8pm tonight, should I leave it in foil and throw it in the fridge?  Warm it up an hour before had in the oven (temp?)and then pull it and sauce it?  Or should I pull it and sauce it now and heat it all up later?

thx all

Beefer

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Differing opinions will be here but I vote for pulling now if you have a crock pot.  Then put in fridge til about an hour prior to consumption.  Once there,  toss in the pot with some diluted Q sauce and warm up for the party.  It will be a hit-YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.