Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

14lb packer this past weekend,

Smoked a 14lb Choice packer Saturday into Sunday. Total time with foil and cooler was approx 22 hours. It was very humid in Baltimore but was able to keep the egg at 200 - 250 without a problem.

Covered in mustard and put some rub on overnight. I kept it pretty simple. Used a Pecan rub/ Maple rub.  i used mesquite chunks for smoke and WGWW lump.  Had a ton of lump left at 20 hours and made burnt ends. At 4am the brisket was 185 ish and ended up pulling to put in foil with some beer. I put it back on to let it continue to break down. I'm glad I did.

The brisket was very moist but ended up being stringy. Almost like a pot roast. It was tough to get good slices.  Is that normal? Did I do something wrong?

Ever morsel was eaten, so it could not have been that bad. The taste was fantastic.

Comments