Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pig Shot - first picture post

Options
tulocay
tulocay Posts: 1,737

I've been cooking on my large BGE for a few months now. I have learned much from this forum. For some reason I never get around to taking and posting pictures of my cooks.

Had a little get together over the weekend and decided to make some Pig Shots to go with my pulled pork BBQ I made the night before. First time making Pig Shots and it won't be the last (although I need to visit my cardiologist first). I loosely followed this recipe:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153898/pig-shots-on-the-grid-extender#latest

I used bratwurst for the sausage layer and didn't use any of the spicy ingredients due to the mixed audience that evening. Used thick cut bacon and sprinkled with a little dizzy pig. Cooked about 90 minutes, indirect at 300 ish. The only thing I would do differently next time is to put the bacon in the freezer for a few minutes. I think that might help with the assembly process.

One of the guests called it a "heart attack on a stick", but man were they good.

LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments