Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Eggers in Winnipeg?

If so, where is a good place to get some grub up here? I have been up here several times for work and several more trips to go. I can't seem to find a good place to get a piece of animal flesh around here. I am missin my Egg!
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

ME ME  ME

My back deck is the best place to get a slab o meat.

Where are you coming in from? What kind of grub you looking for?

We have some great places for steaks. I don't usually go to them because I can cook em just as good for cheaper. I can get anything also as I am  a chef here.

• I come from Indiana. I would like some good steak or BBQ only because being separated from my Egg is killing me. Problem is that every place I have been so far, after I eat I think "well I could have made that better"

Columbus IN
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

I spent a couple days in Winnipeg for work about 5 years ago.  I remember a place called Earl's, which didn't knock my socks off.  According to Urbanspoon, it's not all that popular now, either.  I'd avoid it if I were you.

I also remember that Winnipeg had the most A+W drive-in's I've ever seen.  They were everywhere. They do serve a pretty bitchin' basket of fried cheese curds, though.  A couple of Molson's and some curds will distract you from your separation Eggxiety 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    This place used to serve a great steak, discovered it while installing gear for MTS in the early '90's. No idea if it is still good, @hondabbq is a local, still best place to get info.

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cool. Thanks. I may check that out. Looks like a pretty good menu.
    Columbus IN
  • hondabbq
    edited June 2013
    I come from Indiana. I would like some good steak or BBQ only because being separated from my Egg is killing me. Problem is that every place I have been so far, after I eat I think "well I could have made that better"

We have a couple of BBQ places around here but like you, I think the same thing afterwards. I do like Montanas for Ribs around here, prior to getting my egg. We recently got a Famous Daves as well. First one in Canada actually. I had Daves in the US and wasn't impressed in the least so I haven't gone here yet.

Rae and Jerrys is an old staple in Winnipeg. There is 529 Wellington which is a very upscale steakhouse. The menu is all A la Carte. The sides are usually good but I can cook a steak just as well.

Chop is another out by the airport. I personally have never eaten there.

If you like Dim Sum the best place is Kum Koon Garden by Logan and King. Super good.

• hondabbq
    edited June 2013

There are also a couple unique place for eats.

Dingos- Gourmet hotdogs- quite interesting. They also sport a plethora of various Rootbeers from around the globe.

Unburger- kicked up Gourmet burgers. quite tasty.

Urban Peasant- Rustic style food- great charcuterie plate. All done in house.

Stay away from Carnaval- dumbed down Fogo De Chao. Not even close.

Keg Steakhouse- Canadian staple-It is ok but pricey for what you get. Casual fare

Forgot about HY's Steakhouse- Right in the heart of down town at the corner of Portage and Main. Upscale steakhouse.

That is pretty much the jist of the decent "meat" places that I have been to. there are plenty of others but the fare isn't outstanding to report.

Any other cuisine that peaks your interest?

How long are you in town for?

• Awesome! Thanks for all the good info. I left yesterday, home today, and back tomorrow until Friday. Same trick the next week.
    Columbus IN