Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have done one before and it came out great. I have one on the Egg now since last night at 9:30 @ 230-260 throughout the night.

Right now the point (fatty end) is 199-205 and tender while the flat side is 170 and tough.

Does his sound right? I do not want to ruin the other end.

Done temp shoul be 190-195ish correct?

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Stop looking at temp. Take it off when you have the texture you are looking for. I'd save the point before the flat.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • robnybbq
    So let it go until the flat is soft?

Garnerville, NY
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Nope. The flat sometimes won't get right. Take it off when the point is ready.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • If you like the tenderness of the point take it off. If the flat is still not tender wrap in foil with a little beef broth and keep in egg until tender. Forget temp on the flat. The flat is done when you insert a small fork in the side and rotate it easily. Good luck
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Your call but most "declare victory" when you can probe the thickest part of the flat with no resistance in or out and that's somewhere in the 195-205+*F temp range.  Point will be above 210*F  then as it has much more fat.  Enjoy the journey. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • robnybbq
    Brisket done. Butter. Can't wait to eat some later. Now onto stuffed mushrooms and pigshots. Guests arrive at 1.

Garnerville, NY